Wine Pairing: East Slope Syrah
Grilled Stuffed Squid
- 1 lb (about 12 small) whole squid, cleaned with tentacles reserved
- ½ Tbsp. fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- ½ Tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- 12 (or however many squid you have) paper-thin slices of butter
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- lemon wedges as a garnish
Chop squid tentacles and combine with herbs. Place one slice of butter in each squid tube. Stuff each tube with equal amounts of herb mixture. Close with a toothpick if necessary. Brush outsides of tubes with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and grill for about 5 minutes each side.
Serve alone as an appetizer or with a mixed green salad for a light meal.